Friday, July 15, 2011

Rocky Mountain High

We've been on the road for three weeks now, and we've been having a grand time. We visited dear friends in Gypsum, rented a little cabin in Minturn, had five glorious days with Grandma in Denver, had fun with Grandpa in Pueblo, and now we are happily stowed at our last real stop--a little cabin on the headwaters of the Rio Grande. It's a little pre-fab jobbie in an over-55 park (it's Grandpa's cabin), but it is steps from the river, the beautiful river, which I can see out of every window. It's a great little cabin in a great spot. This morning, a fox ran by the window.

What is it about a water view that is so compelling? I could watch the river all day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm addicted to water. I lived in an itty bitty cabin from the 1800s for a summer job in college. The creek was 10 ft from the cabin. I would throw food on the fire, and stick my lawn chair in the creek so I could have my feet in the water every night while I was waiting to eat. Lovely summer.

Enjoy the rest of your vacay. unicorn

CK said...

I could watch water all day, too.

Glad you're having a great trip! Keep up the chee!

Gaga said...

Happy that you are having a good trip.

This Ro(a)mantic Life said...

Mmmmm that sounds tranquil. I think water is a naturally compelling thing when it's moving. It invites you to follow with your eye (and sometimes your boat ...)

Betsyanne (E Sheppard) said...

It sounds just wonderful! :-)

Anonymous said...

http://studyingparent.wordpress.com/

My new blog which will be about my post grad journey, OhD application and academic writing

loveskidlit said...

So envious! That sounds blissful.