- Planted seeds with kids for late summer garden (even though kids put all of the bok choy seeds in one spot and then covered them so I don't know where they all are).
- Cooked up squash given to me by a friend (I usually steam, but this time I sauteed, and it was SO much better).
- Made homemade orange sorbet from fresh-squeezed OJ (good, but a little soupy).
- Knitted a bit more on my husband's scarf.
- Watched Breaking Away (hello, IU!)
On another note, the house guests left today. They arrived less than 48 hours after we returned from our trip to Alaska and stayed for four days. Two adults, two kids. There was camping involved. Lots of eating. The kids HAD A BLAST (which included taking everything out of the playroom closet so they could make a "kids' world apartment"). As soon as their cousins left today, my kids--who had ignored me for four days as they played with their cousins--started immediately climbing on me and demanding that I play with them (which was bothersome because I was trying to watch the last set of the Wimbledon men's championship).
Maybe having house guests is easy.