Saturday, January 8, 2011

I like London

Want to know why I like London? Because it's the kind of place where I can spend the whole day at the British Musuem, looking at tons of cool stuff (understatement), and then walk back towards my hotel to a pub where I can get this for dinner: ale, nuts, olives, fresh-baked bread, fish pie, chocolate truffles, and port.

I mean, really.

Extra bonus? I got to do all of this with my mom to celebrate her b-day.

Now, we're like beached seals in our hotel room. Beached seals with iPads.

Tomorrow, I'll ride with her to Heathrow and say "goodbye" as she heads back to California. Then, I'll head back to the hotel, grab my bags, and catch a train to Wales. I'm excited for the next leg of the trip--the PhD leg--but I miss the kids terribly. I can't believe it will still be another week before I see them. Hubby says they have been operating in a state of denial. I feel bad that they are trying to contain the sadness in their little bodies. But I'm sure they're fine, right? After all, they have their Daddy, and Daddy isn't exactly chopped liver.

Ahhhhhh. Now it's time to digest my dinner and set every alarm I can find so that we're on time to the airport tomorrow.

4 comments:

This Ro(a)mantic Life said...

That dinner sounds delicious. I am hitting you up for recommendations on where to go when we plan our London trip ... someday.

Not enough weeks in this year (already!) to accommodate all the vacation dreams we have.

Good Enough Woman said...

CT, I'll have some recs ready for you! And it's good to dream, isn't it?

This Ro(a)mantic Life said...

Yes, it IS good to dream. Especially when it means ignoring the price tags on some of those vacations ;)

Gaga said...

What a wonderful birthday it was!

And don't forget my delicious soup! Oh! And that bread was so wonderful! Everything was so good. I like London, too.