Friday, January 7, 2011

Londontown

Am now in London in my favorite Bloomsbury B & B. It's great to be here, and it's nice to be able to show my mom around my typical stomping grounds in the Cartwright Gardens neighborhood.

Tonight, we had dinner at a little Italian bistro around the corner. Tomorrow we have two goals as we celebrate mom's birthday (it's a big one*!). Enjoy the British Museum and have a good pub dinner. Aren't they good goals? They make me want to reconsider my typical goals and resolutions. Perhaps New Years resolutions should read like this:

Enjoy museums
Hike
Knit
Don't stress about grading
Read
lounge around with the kids
go on more dates with hubby

Those sound better that my typical resolutions.

But speaking of kids, word from home is that everyone has been sick. First the boy, and now hubby and the girl. I'm so sorry that I'm not there to snuggle with them and take care of them. but I know hubby can handle it, and he has been sweet enough to tel me not to worry--that they'll be fine.

See why I encouraged him to go to Colorado to see his buddies for nine days in December? Makes for a happy, generous, and understanding hubby.

Now it's time to do a bit of pub research.

*It rhymes with eleventy.

3 comments:

Good Enough Woman said...

Sorry for the typos. I've got some serious editing issues on the iPad.

This Ro(a)mantic Life said...

Happy birthday to your mom and hooray for a paper handily delivered!

I'm getting used to typing on the new smartphone I had to start using after D switched us to a new carrier in December. I swear I spend more time correcting autocorrect than I do actually entering proper strings of characters ...

Word verification: solli

courtney said...

You have such a wonderful hubby, and when I was in England without Maddie for 10 days, I spent the last 4 days crying sporadically because I missed her so much (so lame, I know). The worst part? Those Brits are so unaccustomed to free-flowing emotions, and they all looked at me like I was a complete freak. It did not make me feel any better.