As a result of our efforts to improve our budgets and decrease our spending, I will occasionally post some of my expenditures in order to play a little game of "Necessity or Luxury: You Call It!"
Here's our first round:
- Three-ring binder and folder for all of the stuff that comes home from kindergarten with my son.
- Brand-name toothpaste.
- A new box of markers for my kids who draw A LOT.
- A new copy of my reading group book (couldn't find it used at my local store).
- Birthday gifts for my step-father.
- Dance classes for the month of October for my daughter (and myself).
- Karate class for October for my son.
- Two Tiger's Milk bars for the kids after dance class today.
- A loaf of really awesome bread from a local bakery (sliced for sandwiches).
- A spirulina smoothie for myself (medicinal expense since I have a cold?).
- Monthly subscription to NYT and local paper.
- Monthy subscription to Netflix (but we don't have cable . . . )
Oh, and I think my husband purchased lunch every day this week. We need to work on that. I'm not sure what else he has purchased . . .
Whaddya think? Necessity or luxury.