Saturday, November 15, 2008

Lessons Learned Today

  1. Pate can be good-ish, at least when it's from a great charcuterie.
  2. Creme fraiche is pretty good with the proper kind of cake.
  3. One should not take trains into London at 8:00pm on a Saturday night.
  4. One should not plan to walk anywhere from Hatton Cross at night.
  5. One hears Bonnie Tyler's 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' a lot in the UK.
  6. One should bring a lot of good movies to watch on the laptop because British TV options, esp. late at night, can really suck.
Finally, I've learned that I am still a Country Mouse, or, at the most, a Mid-Sized Town Mouse. Definitely not a Large International City Mouse (note to GoodEnoughCousin: I should have brought my T-shirt!).

Tomorrow, I will probably learn more lessons as I explore Covent Gardens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GoodEnoughCousin = City Mouse! Have you noticed though that I'm decreasing my city size as I age? L.A. is #2 in population (behind NYC), then Chicago at #3. Nashville? It's #25!

Good Enough Woman said...

Yes, and Nashville seems to bit a city with a whole lot of country. Maybe you're a Nashville Mouse (as opposed to a Nashville Cat?), a.k.a. Urban Alt-Country Mouse?