Thursday, April 15, 2010

Looking, Looking

I've lost a few things, and I'm just wondering if any of you have seen any of them. Specifically, I can't seem to find the better part of my brain. I've misplaced a good part of my sanity as well, along with my sense of peace and order.

Perhaps they're under the piles of essays that are strewn about? Or around the corner from a Board of Trustees meeting? Perhaps I misfiled them on the computer in the Student Learning Outcomes file folder? Or maybe they are stuck between some pages of Victorian travel narrative or Modernist poetry? Did I leave them behind after a research paper presentation? Or perhaps they ended up in the playroom at home (although that would be hard to determine since I can't see the floor through all of the toys and potting soil).

Anyway, I'm finding it difficult to operate without these lost things, so let me know if you stumble across any of them--as they might have fallen out of my pocket as I tripped through Internet, or through other virtual, or even real, rooms of my life.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've lost my energy. Maybe your brain and my spunk went on vacay together. Definitely not worth looking around the Trustees for them! We should invest in homing devices.

I'm exhausted just thinking about being exhausted.
jc

TKW said...

I tell my husband that I lost 1/3 of my brain with each childbirth. Guess it's good I only gave birth twice, huh?

I like jc's idea that they're all on vacay together...Cabo San Lucas, mayhap? Cerveza, por favor!

--ginger. said...

I'm going to go with TKW: they went with the 2 placentas. The spontaneous organ does more than feed the fetus: it seems to have a vacuum-cleaner sort of effect for us--sucking up and taking things with it that it considers garbage. Yep: your placentas took your brain.

Good Enough Woman said...

JC, Maybe we can schedule an intervention.

TKW and Ginger--so you're saying they are permanently gone?!?

--ginger. said...

Permanantely. I think I ask the question, "Did I already tell you this?" more than any other single phrase in my daily life.

Gaga said...

I believe overweight Obligation held hands with hefty Caffeine and bullied them out of their seats. They are in Summer, tucked away for safe-keeping. You'll get them back.

This Ro(a)mantic Life said...

Maybe we need to coax Brain and Sanity back out of hiding with treats :). (This has worked with our foster kitties ...)

(((GEW)))