Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Update: School Edition

A good first day! Exciting for all. So far, the Boy likes his class and even feels some relief since he started thinking that maybe a class with first graders in it would be "a little bit easier!" Score!

Plus, his best friend (who is in second grade on the other side of the building) came looking for him at both recesses, and they sat together at lunch and had a table all to themselves! Happy goodness for the Boy.

The Girl, I think, will be a natural. Today, she learned THE RULES, especially the one about only marking ON THE PAPER, not on the tables, floors, or walls. She feels confident about being able to follow such rules. But she was a bit sad that we didn't have a proper hug before I left and has requested that she always get a good hug before I leave.

I'm happy to oblige.

More to come, I'm sure.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUZZAH!
jc

This Ro(a)mantic Life said...

YAY! That is *awesome* news, GEW. So happy that things are starting so well.

PS: Forgot to mention last post that I was also in a 1st/2nd class (as a 1st grader). Never thought twice about why the 2nd graders were there or what the purpose of being mixed together was. We all worked and played together and thought it was terrific.

Ink said...

Hoorays!!!!!

The Steel Magnolia said...

Awesome! I'm so happy for all of you!

It's interesting that The Girl was excited about the rules--each day when I ask about The Babydoll's favorite part of the day, she says that she "gets to listen!" Yay for children who like rules!

the other side of pretty said...

Great start! And let's hear it for friends who come looking.

English Adjunct said...

I'm so happy to hear that things turned out well for that so important first day!