Monday, November 22, 2010

A Mind-Reader?

On Friday afternoon, it was cold, dark, and rainy. We were just hanging out in the living room, waiting until it was time to go pick up the Boy from a playdate, waiting until the Girl's best friend arrived for a sleepover.

I left the room to do something--maybe go to the bathroom, maybe get some socks--I don't remember what. While I was putzing around, I thought how great it would be if we had a fireplace.

I went back into the livingroom, and then there was this:

Me: You know what would be so great right now?
Girl (without skipping a beat and without a question mark): A fireplace.

3 comments:

Ink said...

Great minds think alike. That is proof! :)

This Ro(a)mantic Life said...

It's confirmed, then. You need one!

And apparently, you can get one that rolls from room to room. No joke. You can thank the folks who send coupons in the mail every so many weeks -- this is the only way I'd ever have found out about this product.

(I'm still pondering the sorts of things that find their way into mail advertising.)

loveskidlit said...

Spooky, and yet gratifying!