Friday, December 4, 2009

Orangutans

Like most other fortyish people in this country, I have vague memories of Every Which Way But Loose. I haven't seen it since I was a kid, but the images in my mind included Clint Eastwood looking muscular and irritated in junkyard-ish setting, with Ruth Gordon standing in a truck bed telling him what's what. I have no idea if my memories are accurate, but that's what I see. I also see Sondra Locke, and, of course, I see Clyde the Orangutan.

I don't remember wanting an Orangutan when I saw the movie. In fact, I've always been convinced that monkeys are mischievous--in a poltergeist sort of way--and dirty, and I've never considered them pet-worthy.

Until I saw this video that my mom sent me. Now I kind of want one to go with my dog:


3 comments:

TKW said...

Oh my gosh! I haven't thought of Every Which Way but Loose in years!!! And yeah, that's a cute simian...but they do stink!

This Ro(a)mantic Life said...

That's a terrific video. Aren't animals amazing?

Anonymous said...

My dog totally wants an oragutan for Christmas now. :)

The hugging is too cute!