Friday, July 23, 2010

Pfffffttt

I have just fluffed away the morning in a way that is very unsatisfying--except for the 30 minutes during which I drank my chai latte and read the new Sunset magazine* while listening to the new Sheryl Crow album. It all felt very summery, despite the cold, heavy fog that seems permanently settled over our little nook of California.

*Reading said magazine made me want to hit the road and go to a national park or, better, yet, buy a cheap mining claim in the mountains and built a pre-fab DIY cabin.

3 comments:

This Ro(a)mantic Life said...

Our morning was also unsatisfying, but not because we fluffed it away -- we used the whole thing to grocery shop! I swear, the lengths we go to for better prices (no store has them all) sometimes feels a bit moot.

A cabin in a national park sounds so much better than the parking lot at Safeway (and Trader Joe's and Whole Foods and QFC ...)

Academic, Hopeful said...

I need to get back to a country that touches the Pacific.

Good Enough Woman said...

CT, If I didn't have to drag the little ones, I would definitely do the grocery store crawl!

AH, At least your country's Pacific coastline is SUNNY. Right? Still, the ions are alone are so important to my well-being at this point. (Are there really special ions in sea air, or am I making that up?)