Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bits and Pieces

  • Had a mammogram today; happy birthday to me! This is my first post-40 mammo, but I had two others in my early adult years because of a lump (which turned out to be nothing). But I am pleased to report they don't really hurt anymore. The one I had today was barely even uncomfortable. Of course, that could be because my bubbies (which are the smallest anyone has ever seen--even smaller than Kate Hudson's) are much more, shall we say, squishable than they were before I nursed two children.
  • I got carded at the grocery store yesterday!
  • I ordered a Kindle, and it arrives today. I never thought I would want one, and then, suddenly, I wanted one very badly. Hubby got it for me for my birthday. I am very excited, and I hope that I love it.
  • I bought some Dansko boots today (thanks, Mom!), and they are very "kicky."
  • I love what Inktopia is doing over at her place (favorite scary books and movies). Check it out! Mwuahahahaaaaaa . . . .
  • Does anybody remember the Sammy Terry TV program that showed scary movies? Do you remember the one about the hand that crept around the scary house? Gawd. I couldn't go to the toilet by myself for days.

4 comments:

TKW said...

I had my first mammo a few weeks ago and I didn't think it hurt, either!

Yay, 40!!!! And to getting carded!

This Ro(a)mantic Life said...

Sounds like you are having a pretty good birthday week :). You will have to let us know how the Kindle is. And the story behind your sudden wanting of one!

Dr. No said...

All good (damn right) news. Hey, can you post about the Kindle after you have a chance to play with it?

Ink said...

Happiest birthday wishes with balloons and all sparkley things on top! Hope it was everything you dreamed of.

You also get gold stars for getting your mammogram. Way to go, GEW.

And many thanks for the linkydink. Am really enjoying the conversation we're all having.

But most importantly, enjoy your special celebration. :)