Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Grubalicious

Although my mom cooked the Thanksgiving dinner (thanks, Mom!), I did make this last week. I used it for burritos the first night, and then I made enchiladas for guests with the leftovers the next night. Muy easy, and muy bueno.

And then I made these on T-giving day, and everyone loved them. And they were especially easy since I have a giant rosemary bush in the front yard.

And I also made this, but I accidentally left it on high while we all when to the beach, so the corn got rubbery. And I didn't have cayenne pepper, so I tried to substitute, but in general, I just didn't get the spices right. I will try again.

And now I have the ingredients to make this, which I will do this week. I'm thinking of doing it today, but I really need to get busy reading The Hermit in English Literature: The Beginning to 1660 by Charles P. Weaver, so, you know, I have competing obligations.

But thanks to all of my bloggy friends for the recipes! My family thanks you, too.

4 comments:

TKW said...

How great! Enjoy your time in the kitchen! Play some music, maybe...Shaun Cassidy, dare I suggest?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the foodies got to me too. I'm having a food festival in my kitchen this week too.
Booze. your kitchen needs Booze more than Cassidy for that added flavor!
jc

Ink said...

Yay! Hooray for you!

I'm thinking that I may do some kitchen playing over the holiday break...so let me know how that Shaun Cassidy works out for you. :)

loveskidlit said...

Looks yummy! My MIL lives next door, which is usually awful, but comes in handy when there's cooking to be done!