Thursday, September 23, 2010

For Now

There are so many posts I've been crafting in my mind--about elementary school, college, Kindles, and beauty--but I just haven't had the chance.

But for now, I'll just tell you these things:

  • Yesterday I took the Pacific Surfliner train from Central California to Anaheim, and I loved it. Soooooo much better than driving.
  • Today, I attended the first day of my Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment Retreat. I learned a lot.
  • For dinner, I had a mediocre steak with some good Pinot Noir.
  • Late tonight, Hubby and the kids will arrive. In the morning, they will go to Disneyland while I continue with my workshop, and in the afternoon, they'll come back to the hotel to rest.
  • Tomorrow evening, we'll all go back to D-land together.

And, right now, I'm in my hotel room, alone, watching St. Elmo's Fire on cable, which, of course, is what I most wanted to tell you because I knew you'd appreciate that, perhaps, most of all.

Conferences rock.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I craft a lot of posts in my mind too that never make it to the keyboard . . .

the other side of pretty said...

Enjoy the conference (and the hotel room, the cable, the family visit...); it all sounds great.

I also find myself immediately supplying quotation marks around funny things my kids say. I choose to think of it as a writer's habit!

This Ro(a)mantic Life said...

Conference + Disneyland + R&R without having to drive to it = so, so sweet!

Hope the weather's nice for your day at the park.

Ink said...

Everything's always better with a little St. Elmo's Fire in the mix.
Something about that movie always cheers me up, even though I most find myself thinking of Jules's "I don't feel very fabulous."

Anyway, hope you have a BLAST! Am so happy that you're all going to Dland. Awesomeness.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVf4_WglzWA

I can see a new horizon underneath the blazin sky....
jc

--ginger. said...

Saint. Elmo's Fire. My second alone-watching-cable-pick only after . . . anything with john cusack. Nice.

Good Enough Woman said...

The next night? Sixteen Candles. Yup. Turns out I can still quote the whole movie.