Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Put to the Test

This week is putting my Good Enough Principle to the test. I am having a difficult time being a good enough teacher (I'm back to full schedule), mother, friend, wife (it's hubby's b-day this week), sabbatical leave taker (gotta write up the report), conference presenter (gotta do more research and then revise), and PhD student (no where near good enough on that front--haven't been doing much at all). All this said, it's clear that in the next few days/weeks, I will definitely not be a good enough blogger or blog reader*. I'll be doing some drive-bys at your blog sites, but if you--my regular blog peeps--don't see many comments from me, it's not because I no longer find you pithy. Or funny. Because I definitely do find you pithy and funny. And sometimes even deep.

Hope the rest of you are maintaining some sense of balance and grace in your lives.

*And it's not because I formed a Grrl band, although I am keeping all of your applications on file for when that days comes!

5 comments:

This Ro(a)mantic Life said...

Balance? What is this balance you speak of? ;)

Happy birthday to your husband and lots of good wishes on making everything fit the all-too-stuffed schedule. I have total faith in the Good Enough Principle!

Anonymous said...

hang in there GEW. You are doing F. I. N. E. fine.

you'll be back on the street like you didn't miss a beat soon.
jc

TKW said...

Don't forget to breathe, girlfriend. And I've decided that I'm playing the triangle in the Girl Band!

loveskidlit said...

Pick something to be truly, truly crappy at. Hot dog eating competition, say. Don't do any training.

It'll make everything else that you are doing look good enough!

(Hm. The principle of winning by default?)

Good Enough Woman said...

CT, I think I helped hubby have a good enough birthday!

JC, Thanks for the pep.

TKW, Kitch for Triangle. Got it.

LKL, Oh, I bet I have a long list already of things I'm really crappy at.