Thursday, November 6, 2008

Why is it so stressful to prepare to leave town?

Everytime I get ready to travel, I say, "This time I'm going to be organized and relaxed before I go on my trip." But here I am, stressed out, thinking of a million things I need to do and organize before I go (e.g., type out the childcare schedule for while I'm gone, pay bills, clean the house, request an exemption from jury duty, go to the bank, buy some film, get my hair cut, make sure my husband knows where The Girl's ballet and tap shoes are, print out my travel documents, pack, try to get all of my toiletries to fit into an absurdly small ziploc bag).

Years ago, I had a friend who said that preparing to go on a trip is like preparing to die. She had a point, except for the film and toiletries.

2 comments:

baxie said...

Travelling sux, until you get there.

Unless you're visiting Bowling Green, Ohio.

Have a good trip!

Anonymous said...

"
Years ago, I had a friend who said that preparing to go on a trip is like preparing to die. She had a point, except for the film and toiletries."

I think that might be the funniest thing I've ever read, mostly because it's incredibly true. However, I wouldn't discount the toiletries or film in death. You might need that shit.